Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
Save leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 8 chicken pieces (breasts or legs)
- 1 cup water
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Remove the skin and any extra fat from the chicken. In a large skillet, combine the chicken, water, garlic, onion, salt, black pepper, tomatoes, and parsley. Tightly cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add celery, potatoes, carrots, and bay leaves, and continue to cook for 15 more minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Find more delicious heart healthy recipes from