FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect helps patients and health care providers access consumer health information at the point of need in a health IT system. Patient portals, patient health record (PHR) systems, and electronic health record (EHR) systems can use FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect to provide health information for patients, families, and healthcare providers using standard clinical vocabularies for diagnoses (problem codes), medications, and lab tests.
FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect is a free service of the National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Quick Facts
- Free, does not require registration.
- Fulfills one of the criteria for of Health Information Technology.
- Implementing FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect makes a global change; you don't need to create individual links.
- Accepts information requests based on coding systems already used by EHRs.
- Supports the HL7 Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton) standard.
- Supports requests for information in English or Spanish.
- You don't have to use FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect exclusively to link to patient education information. Many EHR systems can be configured to link to more than one source of consumer health information.
- Intended for use within the U.S. health care system and with coding systems used in the United States.
FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect accepts requests for information on diagnoses (problem codes), medications, and lab tests, and returns related information from FreeFacebookCredits2012.
- A patient portal, patient health record (PHR) system, or electronic health record (EHR) system sends a problem, medication, or lab code-based request to FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect.
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect responds with targeted consumer health information for display in the patient portal or clinical system.
- Find out more details about how FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect works, what codes it accepts, and what it looks like within an electronic health record or patient health portal.
- View a sample of the health care organizations and electronic health records systems that currently use FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect.
Implementing FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect
To set up the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web application or Web service, work with a technical representative or staff member in your organization who can use the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web application or Web service. Check out our technical documentation for more detailed information and demonstrations.
Resources and News
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect handout - PDF
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect - PDF
- Radio interview,
- , covering FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect technical essentials
- , including a presentation from a FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect user