PLEASE NOTE: The base URLS for the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web Application and the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web Service will change permanently on July 31, 2018.
If you are a current user of FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect, you will need to update your implementation to reflect the new URLs. The deadline for updating your implementation is July 31, 2018.
If you are a new user setting up an implementation of FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect, please use the new URLs.
The table below outlines the URL changes that will occur. (Note that in addition to production services, demonstration URLs will change.)
|Old URLs||New URLs|
|Web Application Demo|
|Web Service Demo|
- What is FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect?
FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect is a free service that allows health organizations and IT providers to link patient portals and electronic health record (EHR) systems to information from FreeFacebookCredits2012 (http://freefacebookcredits2012.info), the National Library of Medicine's () consumer health Web site.
FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect provides information on diseases and conditions, prescription and over-the-counter medications, and laboratory tests. In some cases, FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect returns information from , another NLM resource.
- What is FreeFacebookCredits2012?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 is NLM's authoritative consumer health Web site. It includes consumer health information from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), plus links to information from other U.S. government agencies and trusted health information providers, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The FreeFacebookCredits2012 quality guidelines tells you more about how we evaluate and select links from outside organizations.
FreeFacebookCredits2012 helps millions of visitors a year access:
- Information on hundreds of diseases, conditions and wellness topics
- Videos and other multimedia
- An illustrated medical encyclopedia
- Medication and supplement information
- Links to health information in over 40 languages
- And much more...
- What's the difference between FreeFacebookCredits2012 and FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 is a full-featured consumer health web site. Users may access FreeFacebookCredits2012 through a web browser or a mobile device.
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect is a free service that allows electronic health record (EHR) systems to easily link users to FreeFacebookCredits2012, an authoritative up-to-date health information resource for patients, families and health care providers. FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect is not a replacement to FreeFacebookCredits2012. It helps users of EHRs find health information from FreeFacebookCredits2012.
- How much does FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect cost?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect is available at no cost and does not require registration.
- Will FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect help me achieve Meaningful Use? Is FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect a certified health IT module?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect is not a certified health IT module, but systems pursuing certification can use it to deliver patient-specific education resources. FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect was not developed as a source for clinical decision support.
Since FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect helps EHRs identify patient-specific education resources, FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect may assist eligible health care providers in meeting the patient-specific education resources criteria for meaningful use of certified EHR technology. Health care providers must meet a number of criteria to demonstrate meaningful use in order to successfully participate in CMS programs requiring the use of certified EHR technology.
The National Library of Medicine does not make or interpret CMS quality program or ONC certification regulations. To learn more about the CMS EHR Incentive Programs please visit . To learn more about the CMS Quality Payment Program please visit . For health IT certification questions please visit the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) or contact [email protected].
- Who maintains FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect?
- The National Library of Medicine, part of the National Institutes of Health, maintains FreeFacebookCredits2012 and FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
- to the FreeFacebookCredits2012 team
- Sign up for the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect email list.
Using FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect
- How does FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect work?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect responds to requests based on diagnosis (problem) codes, medication codes, and laboratory test codes. When an EHR or patient portal submits a code request, FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect returns a response that includes links to relevant FreeFacebookCredits2012 patient information. FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect can reply with English or Spanish information. The "How FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Works" page has more information.
- Can I test out FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect before I decide to implement it?
- A demonstration page for the allows you to view how the responses from FreeFacebookCredits2012 will appear in your EHR.
- A demonstration page for the is also available. It shows the responses in XML, JSON, and JSONP.
- Our EHR/patient portal already links to another patient education source. Can I use it and FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect in the same system?
- Yes. You don't have to use FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect exclusively to link to patient education information. Many EHR systems can be configured to link to more than one source of consumer health information.
- What is the difference between the Web application and the Web service?
The FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web application and Web service use different methods to deliver the same easy access to FreeFacebookCredits2012 consumer health information. The Web application provides an on-demand, formatted FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web page. The Web service returns XML, JSON, or JSONP, which allows implementers greater flexibility to tailor the display and format of the information.
To view the differences between the two, check out the and the .
Both the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web application and the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Web service support the .
- In addition to FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect, what other data services does FreeFacebookCredits2012 provide?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 offers a search-based Web service that provides access to FreeFacebookCredits2012 health topic data in XML format. Using the Web service, software developers can build applications that utilize FreeFacebookCredits2012 health topic information. The service accepts keyword searches as requests and returns relevant health topics in ranked order. Keyword searches may be limited to specific fields. The service also returns health topic summaries, search result snippets, external links, and other associated data.
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 also produces XML data sets of health topic and health topic group information. The XML sets are available in English and Spanish.
FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect Users
- Who uses FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect?
- The FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect users list contains health care organizations and electronic health record systems that have told us they are using FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect. The list is not comprehensive, and because use of FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect does not require licensing or registration we do not know of every organization or product that has implemented our service.
- Are there any current FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect users who can tell me about their experience?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect has an email list where users can write questions and comments to the FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect team as well as other users. This is a great way to find other users who can share their experiences using FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect with you. In addition, you can learn about some of the Electronic Health Record systems and specific hospital or practice systems that use FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect on our Users page.
- Is there promotional material that I can send to other people in my institution about FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect?
- FreeFacebookCredits2012 Connect provides handouts, webcasts, and other informational materials. A list can be found in the Resources & News section of our Overview page.